Young, passionate, determined… These three words perfectly describes Jonathan Vigoureux. Around a cup of tea, he shares with us his passion for photography, his past experiences in photography and gives us an insight of his plans for 2021.
1) Can you give us an insight into what inspired you to become a photographer?
I started photography 8 years ago. My reason for shooting today remains the same reason that inspired me to pick up a camera in the first place: it’s about capturing the details and idiosyncrasies of life that are gone in an instant and about spending time to find beauty where others might pass it by. Processing is as important to me as shooting – there, I get to really draw out the scene and subject as I envisioned it, to enhance it visually so that it conveys the feelings that I experienced when I decided to shoot it. Since, 2 years and a half, I seized the opportunity to work on cruise ship as professional photographer and it is now my full-time job.
2) They say to be a very good photographer, you have to have a keen eye, which means you should be able to see a situation that nobody else can see. So, can you tell us about the best photo you clicked or covered?
Being a good photographer is more than just mastering your camera or owning the best camera gear. It depends on what photography niche you’re in. Every niche demands different desirable qualities—pet photographers need to know how to properly interact and connect with animals; sports photographers need to be quick, strong, and agile to get the best shots; and so on. To answer your question precisely, I would say the best place I went to click a picture is definitely The Cave Point Lighthouse, at Albion, will offer you breathtaking views of the west coast and will reconnect you with nature.
3) A photographer likes to travel and capture loads of good pictures. Can you tell us your top five countries which you would want to visit and take pictures of after this year of a pandemic?
I love photography. When I travel, one of the things I look forward to most is having a memory card full of beautiful Images at the end of my trip. So, the top 5 countries would be Portugal, England, Spain, Italy, and France
4) Jonathan, for the people who would like to engage you as their photographer for different events, what will be the best way to get in touch with you?
It’s quite simple, they just have to visit my Facebook page, Blackstar Photography (Nath Blackstar II) and send me on private message. It would be my pleasure to get in touch with them.
5) Do you have the last word to say to our readers?
After a very hard year of 2020, I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2021.